Java Fern WINDELOV – Lead Bunch – L
Minimum Lighting Required: Low
Temperature Range: 64-86°F
Tank Placement: Midground
Java Fern Windelov, also referred to as Java Fern Lace, is a finely branched, small leaf variety of Java Fern. It is highly attractive and will look great in any display. Like its best known cousin Microsorium Pteropus or Java Fern, this plant is very versatile, adaptable, undemanding and will thrive in most aquarium conditions. It can be attached to rocks, wood and other hard surfaces. It can also handle even the most boisterous fish.
2 in stock
Common Name: Java Fern Windelov, Microsorum Pteropus
Java Fern Windelov is a popular variant of the Java Fern created by Tropica. They can grow in low light conditions and a wide range of water parameters. The end of the leaves is split into three thin leaves which gives it a beautiful bushy effect when grown out. Java Fern species can be attached directly onto driftwood, rocks or any aquarium decoration using thread or glue. Make sure to keep the rhizomes above your substrate or the plant can begin to rot. Propagation is easy and straightforward; simply cut or pull apart rhizomes to be replanted.
- Java Fern is an epiphytic aquarium plant. This means it can grow fine when attached to aquascaping hardscape like driftwood and stones.
- Java Fern will propagate through its leaves. Dots on the underside of its leaves are normal and not a cause for concern.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant above a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep aquarium plants, click here.
- Burying the rhizome will cause the plant to die
- Plant is grown best attached to wood, rock, or sitting on top of substrate
- CO2 injection will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Polypodiaceae
Co2: Not Required
Propagation: Separate by Rhizome
Growth rate: Slow to Moderate