Aquatic Plant Tissue Culture – Staurogyne Repens – Gel
- Staurogyne Repens is a low growing aquatic plant that originates from South America.
- The leaves are small, spade shaped, and light green in color.
- S. Repens grows compactly and if given sufficient lighting and nutrients can grow into a thick bush of green foliage.
- Each stem will only grow up a few inches in height.
- Due to its growth pattern, S. repens is commonly used as a foreground or midground plant.
Out of stock
Get an email if we get this product in stock !
S. repens is an adaptable plant that can be grown in both submerged and emersed environments. Be sure to allow adequate time for the plants to transition. High lighting and Co2 injection is necessary to keep this plant low growing. Vertical growing thin stalks are an indication of lack of lighting while yellowing leaves can mean nutrition deficiency. Thin leaves can also hint at a lack of Co2. This plant can grow quickly and require regular trimming when kept under proper conditions. Trimmings can be replanted as a form of propagation.
- Staurogyne Repens is a great coverage plant, commonly used as a foreground or midground plant
- Staurogyne Repens can be grown in both submerged and emersed environments
- Tissue culture plants are grown in vitro from a state of the art laboratory specialized in propagating aquatic plants. They provide the best option for those who want to ensure that absolutely zero unwanted pests are introduced into the aquarium.
- Remove tissue culture gel before planting. Simply wash the gel away or soak the plant in water and squeeze the gel off with your fingers.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
Family Name: Acanthaceae
Origin: South America
Care: Medium to Difficult
Light: Medium to High
Propagation: Cut stem and replant
Growth rate: Moderate to Fast